2007-06-01

The evening before...

Tear myself away from a leaving do at work (and a girl called Isabelle) for a pratice before our Inn On The Green gig tomorrow. Aziz*, a friend of Si's comes along and seems to enjoy things as we belt through our set. I'm a bit worse for wear (free tab at the leaving do), but only 'Sheena Is a Punk Rocker' which was great last time sounds week. We may drop it. If we can't get a three chord Ramones song right, well...

Being drunk makes every song seem a minute long. Strange. I keep track of where we are in a song (just), but find myself surprised as each song ends, and struggle to remember whether we even played some of them. Must resist when we play tomorrow night, although I learnt a valuable lesson last time when the wait before playing meant I over indulged before hand and wasn't at my best (understatement!).

*As we make our way home in the van it turns out that not do Si and Aziz share the same birth date (to the year), but so does Jamie. Aziz works out he odds, and they're slim.

No comments: